HEO: Front-end Loader - Otero County
Event Date: 10/26/2022 - 10/28/2022
1:00 PM - 4:00 PM
100 Dalton Ave
*Hosted in partnership with Otero County*
To maximize on-the-equipment time during this in-person course, training includes use of the VISTA e-Learning training system. Each participant is to complete a 90-120 minute, self-study, online course prior to arrival.
The in-person, hands-on course begins with a verbal “reconnect” to the topics taught in the online course and is followed by the importance of the operator’s manual, how to do a complete pre-operational inspection and best practices for various operational tasks designed for participants to accomplish with the wheel loader. For example:
- Mount with 3 points of contact and perform a proper startup.
- Techniques to completely fill the bucket.
- Use the loader bucket to move a stockpile from one area to another.
- Load a truck (or simulated truck) from a stockpile, centering the load.
- Use of V loading patterns for efficiency.
- Back drag the work zone creating a level area.
- Perform a proper shutdown and dismount with 3 points of contact.
Colorado LTAP is excited to bring heavy equipment training to Colorado!
In partnership with Vista Training, Inc, participants will complete an online course prior to gaining hands on hands on guided experience for 2.5 days.
Roads Scholar I - Elective
This course is an ELECTIVE in the Roads Scholar I course track. Click above for more RS I program details.
Please be considerate of those on the waiting list, cancel early if necessary. A full refund will be made if you cancel no later than 3 business days prior to the training day; otherwise, you will forfeit the registration fee.
In order to receive credit for this class, attendees must stay until the end when it is dismissed by the instructor and class certificates are awarded.