HEO: Backhoe - Otero County
Event Date: 10/24/2022 - 10/26/2022
8:00 AM - 12:00 PM
100 Dalton Ave
*Hosted in partnership with Otero County*
To maximize on-the-equipment time during this in-person course, it includes use of the VISTA e-Learning training system. Each participant is to complete a 90-120 minute, self-study, online course prior to arrival.
The in-person, hands-on course begins with a verbal “reconnect” to the topics taught in the online course and is followed by the importance of the operator’s manual, how to do a complete pre-operational inspection and best practices for various operational tasks designed for participants to accomplish with the backhoe. For example:
- Mount with 3 points of contact and perform a proper startup.
- Excavate 6’x 6’ by 2’ deep loading into a truck then backfill the excavation.
- Pick a load or trench box off and then place back on a trailer with backhoe.
- Reposition the machine from one side of excavation to the other.
- Use the loader bucket in a stockpile and load a truck, centering the load.
- Back drag the work zone to create a level area.
- Perform a proper shutdown and dismount with 3 points of contact.
Colorado LTAP is excited to bring heavy equipment training to Colorado!
In partnership with Vista Training, Inc, participants will complete an online course prior to gaining hands on hands on guided experience for 2.5 days.
This course is an ELECTIVE in the Roads Scholar I course track. Click above for more RS I program details.
Please be considerate of those on the waiting list, cancel early if necessary. A full refund will be made if you cancel no later than 3 business days prior to the training day; otherwise, you will forfeit the registration fee.
In order to receive credit for this class, attendees must stay until the end when it is dismissed by the instructor and class certificates are awarded.