Infrastructure Management Resources
- Federal Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices (MUTCD)
- Colorado Supplement to the MUTCD
- Standard Highway Signs Manual
- Colorado Traffic Manuals, Specifications, Guidelines and Safety Booklets
- Pavement Preservation Series - Asphalt and Concrete Pocket Guides
- Gravel Roads Construction Maintenance Guide - Formerly Gravel Road Maintenance and Design Manual
- Colorado Chip Seal Manual
Guardrail Maintenance and Installation
During recent research of guardrail crash statistics, CDOT found several instances of incompatible guardrail components; both as a result of faulty maintenance operations and incorrect components delivered on-site and accepted. CDOT has contacted other states and have learned this problem is not just isolated to Colorado. You may have some similar harmful conditions on your local roads that will need to be updated! CDOT has inventoried all state highways, including those maintained by local agencies; and CDOT is currently in the process of correcting those locations. The following resources will help LPAs in the Maintenance and Installation of their Guardrail and Barrier systems.
- Answer your Guardrail Barrier Questions - CLICK HERE for a Resource Document including 15 links to Guardrail Installation and Maintenance Resources
- CDOT FAQs on Guardrails, Crash Cushions, and End Treatments 2017
- Terminal Identification - This document will help with specific pieces CDOT have found agencies are having the most contention with.
- Barriers and Guardrail, Roadside Design Guide
- CDOT M-Standards