Wednesday Workshop - Getting Ready for SS4A Grants (NOFO)
The U.S. Department of Transportation hosted pre-application information webinars for potential applicants interested in applying for the first round of grants for the Safe Streets and Roads for All (SS4A) discretionary grant program, which was included in the Bipartisan Infrastructure Law (BIL) to prevent roadway deaths and serious injuries. The Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO) for SS4A grants is not yet posted. The NOFO is anticipated to be released in spring of 2022. Once the NOFO is posted, interested parties may apply for grants.
Who will be eligible to apply for grant funding?
- Metropolitan planning organizations;
- Counties, cities, towns, other special districts that are subdivisions of a State, and transit agencies;
- Federally recognized Tribal governments; and
- Multijurisdictional groups comprised of the above entities.
- Develop or update a Comprehensive Safety Action Plan.
- Conduct planning, design, and development activities in support of an Action Plan.
- Carry out projects and strategies identified in an Action Plan.