Confined Space, Trench, and Excavation Safety - Littleton
Event Date: 10/13/2022
8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
The Littleton Center
2255 W. Berry Ave
**Hosted in partnership with Littleton**
A confined space is a defined as an area that is large enough that an employee can enter, work, and has a limited means of entry or exit. Confined spaces are not designed for continuous occupancy. If you are replacing a culvert under the roadway or installing sewer lines below the basement elevation of homes in the area, the standards found in the OSHA excavation and trenching program will provide a safety working environment.
As a part of this course, the student will:
- Identify the four categories of hazards of confined spaces,
- Describe examples of confined spaces found in road construction,
- Recognize the responsibilities and duties of the competent person,
- Recognize the training and rescue requirements for personnel involved with confined spaces,
- Recognize the scope of OSHA General Industry Standards 1910.146 as it applies to OSHA Construction Industry Standard 126.21(b)(6)(i),
- Identify basic hazards associated with excavations and trenching,
- Recognize the need for strict adherence to benching and shoring requirements,
- Recognize required responsibilities of the competent person,
- Recognize the elements of soil stability and basic classifications,
- Recognize the types of systems used to protect workers, and
- Determine basic emergency response procedures.
This is a course in the Roads Scholar II course track Safety Focus Area. Click above for more program details.
Please be considerate of those on the waiting list, cancel early if necessary. A full refund will be made if you cancel no later than 3 business days prior to the training day; otherwise, you will forfeit the registration fee.
In order to receive credit for this class, attendees must stay until the end when it is dismissed by the instructor and class certificates are awarded.
Association, Colorado Safety
|Government Employee: $50.00||Register
|Non-government Employee: $75.00||Register