Written Communications - Grand Junction
Event Date: 2/27/2018
CDOT Mesa Conference Room
606 S. 9th St.
Grand Junction, Colorado
Program TopicsThis course covers how to write, edit, and proofread effective business communications simply, clearly, and logically no matter what method - electronic or otherwise.
• Practice for organizing thoughts prior to writing.
• Review spelling rules, tricks for remembering “how to’s” & resources for checking guidelines.
• Review and practice punctuation pointers.
• Improve etiquette with professional standards.
• Thinking through before writing, especially to consider who the reader is & purpose of writing.
• Writing drafts using grammar and format rules.
This is a course in the Supervisory Skills and Development course track.
The registration fee for this workshop is $75 per person for employees of government agencies and $100 per person for non-government agencies. Fee includes class handout and lunch.
Please be considerate of those on the waiting list, cancel early if necessary. A full refund will be made if you cancel no later than 3 business days prior to the training day; otherwise, you will forfeit the registration fee.
In order to receive credit for this class, attendees must stay until the end when it is dismissed by the instructor and class certificates are awarded.
|$75.00||Local Government Agency
|$75.00||State Government Agency
|$75.00||Federal Government Agency