Dealing with Conflict - Golden
This class has reached its capacity. No registrations will be taken online or at the door.
Event Date: 5/10/2018
8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Golden Community Center
1470 10th St. Coal Creek Room
Experts who study successful people suggest that success is 90 percent attitude and 10 percent skill. This workshop will address both attitude and skill as they relate to handling conflict. We will explore different perspectives on conflict resolution and their effectiveness and practice skills that support effective conflict resolution.
Participants will take the Style Matters Assessment, which will enable them to find out which of the five main conflict-handling styles is their preferred style, the strengths and limitations of each style, and which styles they would benefit from developing. Participants will also discover where they may have “reactive” responses that interfere with their ability to resolve conflict. The workshop will cover conflict that may result from personality styles, communication styles, and competing priorities and values. The importance of working toward win/win results will be emphasized throughout.
- learn the five main approaches to handling conflict and determine their preferred approach.
- practice using the five approaches appropriately.
- explore the role of listening in understanding the other person’s point of view.
- analyze past conflict situations to understand contributing factors.
- practice responding constructively when disagreements occur.
- learn to distinguish between positions and underlying concerns.
- learn how to better manage conflict in group settings such as team meetings.
This course is an elective in the Roads Scholar I course track.
The registration fee for this class is $50 per person for employees of government agencies and $75 per person for non-government agencies. Fee includes class handout and lunch. Invoices will be sent upon receipt of registration form. Invoices can be paid by cash, check, money order, or credit card.
Please be considerate of those on the waiting list, cancel early if necessary. A full refund will be made if you cancel no later than 3 business days prior to the training day; otherwise, you will forfeit the registration fee.
In order to receive credit for this class, attendees must stay until the end when it is dismissed by the instructor and class certificates are awarded.